For normal function of vessels
For normal function of vessels
For prevention of vessel dysfunction and raised homocysteine levels
Healthy vessels are free of plaque, are flexible and elastic. Adiposis at the endothelium – the inner wall of vessels – may clog the vessel. The heart needs to pump harder to lead blood into all cells despite of the constriction. This leads to high blood pressure, increased damage of the vessel wall and advanced dysfunction of vessels – endothelial dysfunction.
One of the reasons for endothelial dysfunction is an increased homocysteine level. Homocysteine is a intermediate protein generated during metabolism in our body.
|not influenceable||influenceable||possible consequences|
|age||cigarette smoking||diabetes mellitus|
|genetic factors||lack of exercise||increased LDL|
|male||unhealthy diet||decreased HDL|
|increased homocysteine levels|
|increased uric acid levels|
But it is possible to prevent this: more physical activity and sufficient supplementation with constitutional nutrition can contribute to cardiovascular health.
The special combination of nutrients for normal vessel function
vasoLoges® protect contains seven natural ingredients:
- L-Arginin: The amino acid (protein element) L-arginine is a nutrient for the transmitter nitrogen. The body is able to synthesize L-arginine on its own but not in sufficient quantity. Therefore, an additional intake with food is recommended.
- Pycnogenol®: The original extract from French maritime pine bark contains a mixture of valuable secondary herbal substances: flavonoids, monomeric catechines and phenolic acids.
- R(+)-alpha-lipoic acid: is regarded as antioxidant. Different to conventional alpha lipoic acid products vasoLoges® protect contains the pure biologically active form R(+)-alpha lipoic acid.
- Vitamin K2 (MK-7): contained as MK-7 which is easily metabolized by the body. Vitamin K2 contributes to normal blood coagulation and prevents calcium residues in the vessel wall..
- Vitamin B6, B12 und folic acid: Contribute to normal homocysteine metabolism. Vitamins B6 and B12 are also important for normal formation of red blood cells. As demonstrated by the Wales Heart Research Institute folic acid has a positive effect on endothelial function irrespective of homocysteine metabolism.
What is special about vasoLoges® protect?
Besides the familiar ingredients L-arginine, vitamins K2, B6, B12 and folic acid as well as R(+)-alpha-lipoic acid vasoLoges® protect also contains the innovative and intensely researched ingredient Pycnogenol®.
Pycnogenol®: The original extract from French maritime pine bark contains a mixture of valuable secondary herbal substances: flavonoids, monomeric catechines and phenolic acids.
The French maritime pine (lat. Pinus pinaster) is native in the southwest of France near the wine-growing district Bordeaux and grows up to 40 meters. The bark does not depend on seasonal changes, which makes it a source of valuable herbal substances that are able to develop over years.
How to take vasoLoges® protect?
Recommended dose: 2 film-coated tablets in the mornings and evenings unchewed with some liquid at mealtime.
Note: Please take the tablets out of the blister just shortly before intake. Do not keep them in dosage boxes. L-arginine is a hydrophilic substance which reacts with water, e.g. from ambient air. This could cause swelling of the tablet.
60 film-coated tablet
120 film-coated tablet
240 film-coated tablet
Only available in pharmacies.
What does vasoLoges® protect contain?
Ingredients Per tablet Per daily dose 2 x 2 film-coated tablets per 100 g
600 mg 2.400 mg 63,8 g
25 mg 100 mg 2,65 g
R(+)-alpha lipoic acid
2,5 mg 10 mg 0,27 g
2 mg 8 mg 0,21 g
Folic acid as 5- methyltetrahydrofolic acid
150 μg 600 μg 16 mg
Vitamin B12 as methyl cobalamin
125 μg 500 μg 13,3 mg
11,25 μg 45 μg 133 mg
Ingredients: L-Arginine, filling agent: cellulose; releasing agent: talc, magnesium salts of fatty acids; coating agent: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, fatty acids; maritime bark extract (Pycnogenol®), filling agent: calcium phosphate; releasing agent: silica dioxide; apple-, black currant-, and radish-concentrate; alpha lipoic acid sodium, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), sugar, gum arabicum, starch, vegetable oil (palm oil), 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid calcium salt, methyl cobalamin (vitamin B12), vitamin K2
Dietary food for special medical purposes (supplemental balanced diet). For dietetic treatment of elevated homocysteine levels and endothelial dysfunction (dysfunction of vessels).
Important notice: This supplemental balance diet is not a complete food and should be used under medical supervision only. Due to the special nutritional requirements of the concerned patients, the content of vitamin K2, B6, B12 and folic acid is increased. The recommended daily dose should not be exceeded. Keep out of the reach of children.